powering devices (was: [PATCH] odeviced-power-off-gps-at-init.patch)
Michael 'Mickey' Lauer
mickey at vanille-media.de
Tue Sep 9 01:21:41 CEST 2008
Thanks for this patch,
I don't think we should apply this right now though, let's think a bit more
about how we actually want to handle the power situation wrt. peripherals.
The basic question is what policy do we want to enforce?
* All peripherals off on startup
* All peripherals on on startup
* All peripherals to the same state when we shut down the last time
The proper location for dealing with this is OUsage.
Next question is: what do we do on suspend/resume?
* Do nothing and hope the kernel will handle everything
* Save state and power off devices before suspend, power on after resume
The proper location for this is ODeviced.
I think ODeviced should be the only one actually controlling power.
More information about the smartphones-standards