[oe] Poky Version 3.1 (Pinky) Released
rpurdie at rpsys.net
Mon Mar 3 19:03:36 CET 2008
I thought I'd mention the new Poky release (Pinky 3.1) here in case
anyone is interested. The release notes follow.
This release has seen many major improvements to the core of the build
system and in the usability of Poky output as a development environment.
A quick summary of the major changes is:
* Development of Anjuta integration with Poky’s SDK and QEMU, making
cross development of applications simple.
* Addition of a users manual.
* New machine support: Compulab EM-X270, Zylonite, Freescale MX31ADS,
Phytec PhyCORE-iMX31, Logic iMX31 Lite and the HTC Universal
* Improved existing machine support, particularly the experimental
Nokia tablet support.
* Standalone toolchain and SDK application developers can develop
* Addition of new tools to the SDK such as QEMU
* Conversion to use the sysroot mode of gcc, making cross compiling
both easier and more robust.
* Conversion to use pkgconfig in sysroot mode
* Updates to recent versions of almost all packages
* Addition of NetworkManager to standard images
* Addition of a Webkit based browser
* uclibc support
The release also includes many bugfixes and other smaller tweaks and
The release tarball:
The (new) Poky Website:
More information about the Openembedded-devel