[oe] DEPENDS="gettext" vs. DEPENDS="virtual/libintl"
geoffrey at pager.net
Mon Jun 9 21:32:37 CEST 2008
On Saturday 07 June 2008 12:31:54 pm Geoffrey Wossum wrote:
> On Friday 06 June 2008 05:24:50 pm Henning Heinold wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 06, 2008 at 05:06:11PM -0500, Geoffrey Wossum wrote:
> > > I'm working on exorcizing gettext as a requirement for building OE.
> > > Since glib-2.0 absolutely has to have libintl, I've found an alternate
> > > way of providing. uClibc's libintl stub has a pretty bad case of
> > > bitrot, but I found proxy-libintl, which was written to get GNOME onto
> > > Windows. By setting proxy-libintl up as the PREFERRED_PROVIDER for
> > > virtual/libintl, I can get past glib-2.0 now.
It works! I got rid of gettext. It didn't fix all my problems, but it fixed
crashes with aplay and Xfbdev. avahi still crashes, must be a separate
Submitted patches for this as bug #4370:
You'll need to add PREFERRED_PROVIDER_virtual/libintl = "proxy-libintl" and
USE_NLS = "no" (if you didn't already have it from somewhere like
angstrom-uclibc.inc) to actually make use of proxy-libintl.
More information about the Openembedded-devel