[Gpephone-devel] OpenEmbedded updates
florian.boor at kernelconcepts.de
Wed Mar 7 01:22:14 CET 2007
i checked in various fixes and updates into the OpenEmbedded
org.openembedded.dev branch today.
I built updated Angstrom based images for the Motorola A780 and the result is
much better than before:
- G(PE)^2 starts up into the UI
- No login should be required anymore
- Latest SMS, gpe-applauncher and libim bugfixes are included.
- Touchscreen calibration works
Known issues and limitations:
1. Touchscreen is still buggy
2. Buttons except of the power button do not work
3. No power management
4. No support for the modem in our software
5. Poor usability because of lacking softkeys.
1. and 2. both minor issues and should be easy to fix.
3. is a major task, bus the power manage features of the CPU are supported in
4. The very basic functions of the modem work, what we need to do is to add
support for it to our phoneserver.
For these porting projects it would be a good idea to think about an
architecture where we can select the modem to support easily.
5. is another challenge, the A780 has a completely different usage concept
compared to the major share of phones that use softkeys below the screen.
The dream of yesterday Florian Boor
is the hope of today Tel: +49 271-771091-14
and the reality of tomorrow. Fax: +49 271-771091-19
[Robert Hutchings Goddard, 1904] florian.boor at kernelconcepts.de
1D78 2D4D 6C53 1CA4 5588 D07B A8E7 940C 25B7 9A76
More information about the Gpephone-devel