[Gpe-list] Changes to libgpepimc API
g+gpe at cobb.uk.net
Sat Sep 6 00:57:32 CEST 2008
I needed to add a capability to libgpepimc to reload the categories from the
database and while I was in there I decided to make some changes to the API
to hide the internal data structures. Note that these changes are not
backwards compatible, but I am making all necessary changes to the GPE
components which use the API.
The changes visible to the API consumers are:
1) The struct gpe_pim_category becomes opaque -- it is no longer declared in
the public API header file and no consumers should need it.
2) gpe_pim_category_rename and gpe_pim_category_set_colour update the
in-memory data as well as the database.
3) gpe_pim_categories_list returns a list of category ids, instead of category
4) The libtool version-info has been increased to 1:0:0 because the API is
incompatible. This means that the SONAME will change and the debian package
will want to become libgpepimc1 (instead of libgpepimc0).
I plan to check in these changes, and the corresponding changes to API
consumers, tomorrow (Saturday), unless anyone objects (or I find problems).
More information about the Gpe-list