[Angstrom-devel] [RFC] Using narcissus as preferred way to build images for release
k.kooi at student.utwente.nl
Tue Feb 10 10:58:08 CET 2009
In an effort to reduce the skillset needed to get involved into angstrom
I'd like to propose this:
Narcissus is the preferred way to build an image to be put in the
download are for users.
The workflow would be:
1) go to http://amethyst.openembedded.net/~koen/narcissus/
2) select machine, packages and click 'build me'
3) downloading resulting image
4) test it
5) Convert it to the proper format (e.g. ubifs, jffs2, tar.bz2, ext2,
6) upload it to angstrom-distribution.org
7) Announce it
Note that step 5 can be scripted, but due to php/fakeroot limitations we
can't do it all with narcissus. An option would be that narcissus spits
out the scripts needed.
As the narcissus page points out, patches are welcome. If you are
missing packages, send me a patch :)
So, what do you think about this proposal?
More information about the Angstrom-distro-devel